Bot agencies that made their own products and became SaaS companies
These best-in-class companies started as agencies but were able to switch to the more sustainable business model of Software as a Service (SaaS) or Marketplace.
The agency model is great for getting your foot in the door, but if you want to scale and grow rapidly over time from that foothold, then it’s essential that you change models. The list below shows some examples of businesses who made this transition:
Here’s a quick list of some companies that made it. They all started as agencies but after some time figured out how to build a product company.
- BotsCrew — (https://botscrew.com), started as an agency and then built a chatbot building framework.
- Botmakers — (https://botmakers.net) used to sell chatbot project leads but switched to chatbot templates marketplace.
- Airchat (https://airchat.us), a website bot building platforms focused on recruiting bots. Built by the Botmakers team too.
- A Denmark based BotSupply.
- Blip by Take (Brazil and LATAM market)
- London-based company We Build Bots (http://wbb.ai).
- Leena.ai started as an agency too but then join y combinator and built a HR chatbot platform.
Who did I miss? Please mention in comments or email me at email@example.com.